Tuesday, April 21, 2009

iPod Podcasts

Dear Students,

Besides reminding those not in class that there's no class Thursday, April 23 -- I wanted to make note of those who use iTunes that...if you were interested...you can find free podcasts of classic poetry! I've been wanting to, and still intend, to have us listen to some on-line readings before the semester is over.

And for those that were interested in reading something of mine own! I doth protest no more...as we gear up for Thursday's Talk Like Shakespeare day. Click here to read the only other poem of mine on the web. Warning: It contains profanity, and that profanity is within context of the poem!

If I were to teach my own poems (ugh), I'd say the two exemplify a fake confessional voice (very 2000-chic) to explore their themes, but one is more narrative and the other more lyrical. 

The rest are all in print journals, or want to be, or soon will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment